Saturday, July 12, 2008

Flight of the Phoenix

Working on a big watercolour,

Its a pano of a flock of phoenix flying, using the basis of a peacock for the size, feather pattern and flight, Yes, peacocks DO fly, and converting the blue/green/black theme of the peafowl into reds/oranges/pinks/purples to obvious resemble fire.

Point of Fact- Bird anatomy is fucking annoying. Reverting to using ass loads of reference pictures again.

Go Me.

Anyway, as soon as I dare I will take a couple pictures for you lot, once completed it will be up for sale during the art show in August.


Anyone know the plural term for multiple phoenix? Phoenii? Phoenixes?

Fucking latin.



So when I started this this morning, I'd only had the base colours down for each of the birds, so I've gone in added primary second colours to the main bird, and then started building the depth, I have a nice little light white acrylic that I'm going to wash over this when I get to the end to build up the highlights, but thus far, over three hours of work, not including drying time, this is my main watercolour for the show.

HU-fucking-ZZAH!!

I should have this done, by early-mid week and then I'm going to work on a 2nd generation cave painting with one of my new canvases, plus a small watercolour I'm inking currently for a framed piece.

In the next coming weeks if you see anything you like, let me know and I'll give you the price for it. :D

____

EDITED JULY 17th

YO BITCHES!!!

I finished it! I actually finished it on Sunday, but my sister Jess came to town so I was a bit distracted by that.

18 hrs + in total of painting hours, not including time debating on the background.