Monday, January 14, 2008

Ruffle Wrap Skirt

So, the skirt is finished! YAY! Two days and I made myself a nice comfy skirt for wearing around and just chilling.

I found the pattern on line for a basic wrap skirt, and I altered it to make it layered and a miscalculation forced me to improvise and I added a panel with ruffle (light ruffle) in the back.

I may need to come back and alter the waist band to give it more strength and I will have to spend a half hour in front of a mirror to decide how I like the extra long sash tied, but its very nice and moves wonderfully, though the black layer underneath is a bit long I like it for the weird weather we've been having the last couple of years, hopefully come spring I'll have worn out some of the kinks in this version and try again.

I wish I had a camera to show you, the webcam won't pick up much. :(

No comments: