Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Epic Painting






About a month and a half ago, my long time friend Jason commissioned a portrait of himself from me. A big one. A huge massive one.

I know my limits so I said, deal if we cut it down by half.

He said deal.

We haggled over price and we settled on a cherry deal.

Now came the time to paint it. Well I had a month off school so I thought I could do it easy-peasy nice and sleezy in my time from work.

Wellz. Inspiration blows. I suck. I haven't been able to draw or paint or anything for ages. Not a fucking thing.

I get sketches done, and a idea of how I want to do it and gets Jas's approval to start. Start my sketches, start my painting and I spill spaghetti sauce all down the canvas one drunken night.

FFFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK

another reason why Yve needs to avoid spaghetti sauce.

So. What do I do?

Wait till the very last possible moment, go out bring home a new canvas and ignore it.

I have to tell Jason.

Crap.

three days later I'm on the y!m with Vade and inspiration hits. SWEET I start drawing.

two days later I'm at Phil's house with Lawrence getting high. I get hit with MAD inspiration. SWEETNESS.

yesterday I come home, sit down and start to paint.

See the images?! Thats what I've done so far. Since last night.

I will keep you posted as I go, I want to have this done....SOON.

Its a 24" by 36" canvas and I'm painting with acrylic paints.

wish me luck.

----edited to say----

I hate the format of pictures in this fucking blog. Will figure it out soon I promise.

No comments: