Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year, New Post, how very apropo

three days into the new year and I find the willingness to post a new blog, how very motivated of me.

I finally did it, The Epic Painting if finished. Three cheers for yve!!!

I have a request to do some art for my managers apartment, and I already have one piece sketched out, and its a water colour so theoretically it'll only take me half the time to finish it.

To day is another day off, and I'm actually doing stuff I was suppose to do today, like clean out Kaa's tank (he digested his last two rats and didn't bother to drop where he normally did so I had to tear his tank apart looking for dried out rat bits...thank you so much Kaa)Out of spite and sheer need to keep my snake entertained, I did a slight tank adjustment and moved his cave around so he's not sitting directly ontop of his heat pad anymore. I really want to up-grade to a 55g tank for him this year. He's big and healthy and I like to give him the extra space, cause I'm good like that.

Me and Lawrence are over, again. I haven't spoken to him since he was let go at work, and I don't know if I care too again. -rolls eyes- he was a nice boy but far to immature for me, and I need someone I can relate too on a maturity level not just humourous and amorous levels.

I have new sketchbooks, I splurged and bought two so I won't run out any time soon, but this means I have to get my scanner and editor up and running again. UGH.

I'm thinking about closing my facebook account, I don't really use it all that much nor am I really interested in the five dozen application invites I get daily. Maybe I'll just strip it down to the bare minium and leave it at that.

New years itself was a bit of a knock out, stayed home smoked a joint and painted, smoked a joint and painted, smoked a joint and painted until about 9:30 ish when Jason (the guy I was painting) called and told me to get my ass to his party. I tried to weddle my way out of it, but he insisted and I'm a sucker for anyone who is willing to badger me into coming out to drink and get high. So I packed up my art stuff, put it aside dressed and went out. Met some awesome people, got really fucking high and stumbled home around 2ish. Stayed in bed until about 2ish the next day!
Finished painting and slept the rest of the new year in.

but I finished the painting.


I need to get a couple pictures of it NOT with my webcam, but for that I need to borrow a digital camera....I loathe how long it took to finish it but I'm actually quite happy with how it turned out all things considering, I thought I was never going to finish it, Jason thought I scammed him out of money and it is the BIGGEST pieces I've ever worked on. This is also a lesson in comissions. Don't ever brag you'll have it finished in two weeks. EVER. and always wait till your done to accept payment otherwise the guilt will EAT YOU ALIVE.

Now. I'm going to go back to bed for an hour and be happy that its done.

Go me!

and and happy new year too eh?

2 comments:

RIO said...

Hey-hey, pussycat. XX OO Facebook has gone BORG!

Yve! said...

borg??