Sunday, June 1, 2008

It never lasts.

I say I'm going on art hiatus, and what happens?

three weeks in I crash. and burn up my sketch book.

FUCK.
I am so weak.

I told Vade I hadn't been drawing and he said (as a fellow artist, and I'm sure not as the moderator of my favourite holt, and thus recipient of most of my art) I had three options, quit and talk about how I use to be an artist, quit and start up again in a year or two, with festered skills and frustration, taking months to get back to the skill I'm at now, or force myself.

I forced myself and I am surprised to see I'm not broken.


Bliss, Darkbrume and Thistle

filler.

Darkbrume and Bliss

I love this one, cause 'Brumie lets his hair down, and this is the best pose in the world, I use it alot.


Patter Age 21

This is what started it all, it kick starts my artistic motors doing Age pieces of my character.

Close up!

Fuck she's a cutie.

Roth, Delena and Tilan

Started this without realizing who exactly I was drawing, decide wtf, do draw the OTHER tri-bonding in the holt.

Thank you Stonebranch Holt.

3 comments:

Vade said...

:: cracks the whip ::

HYAH! Draw ya scurvy bilgebitch! Take that. And THAT! * KRAKK! * Mwa-ha-ha-harf.

No, I'm stone sober at the moment. Just woke up actually. (2:30 hmmm. Pretty early for me.)

This is why teh yvli listens to teh vaed: cause he's right when it comes to shite like this. ;) I am super proud of you, because you followed the advice I gave MYSELF and unlike me, you actually saved yourself from artistic oblivion. ((lol)) The bad news for you is that to maintain that, you can never, ever, ever, EVER stop. But that's good news for the rest of us. :D

Do you think you would like to do another little flingy thing with Thistle and Brume at some point and see how Bliss reacts? I mean, after the establishment of what appears to be an exclusive relationship. Of course, being really jealous isn't a particularly elfin trait. Rayek had a couple a screws up in his head loose (thank you Slim.)

I'm diggin on all of them! My only creative crit so far is nothing to do with quality, but a suggestion on direction. The trio that you weren't sure who they were then they became Tilan, Roth & Delana? The boys, at least, I think are looking a little to bold & heroic. ((roflmao)) This is actually more of a question I guess, and not a critique....

I can't say as I've really pictured them in my head in a detailed way, but the blurry image of them from their concept and characters has me thinking about faces that are a bit rougher, possibly a bit sallow... looking almost unseemly or undesirable but not for lack of appeal. More of a kind of "wild, weaselesque" visage. Sloppy hair, maybe a set of sallow cheeks recalling a real scrapper of a coyote or something. A little more go-backy is probably the best way I can think of it. Wirey. Tough. no-nonsence. No frills. Basal for elves.

Those are just thoughts, mind you. You currently run them more than anyone, so I happily hand enormous creative control and decision making abilities over to you in regards to the triumvirate of trouble.

Vade said...

... Blistlebrume?

*snarfle

Beth said...

Hehe I've never been so happy to see someone fall "off the wagon" so to speak. :) Glad the art's back, it cheers my day up! :D