Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Look Through Part 5

I had too much fun with the last entry, I went a little crazy so I decided to wrap up the tour of my room instead of waiting a couple more days.

Ready for probably the most boring three pictures ever?? I know I am!!



OKAY right off the bat. I had more pictures I don't where they went, but they were all detailed images of the stuff that slightly out of frame or has great importance to me. Like my Alter, and the Beatles poster you can only see a corner off in the top of this frame.
Here we go.

My buddhist shelf, buddhism opened my eyes to the religions of the world cause when I was in China, well, I saw alot of ancient temples, and shrines to this world known...is he a deity?...okay person of myths and legends...this particular buddha I have on my shelf comes from Tibet, it was gift to an ex from his uncle, who did alot of travelling. I'm not sure how he got into Tibet, or out of it with this buddha, but its hand carved and fucking gorgeous. I love it, I wash it frequently to keep the dust off it and I pray to him when I'm asking for selfless things (like helping a sick friend, or when the world is particularily shitty). Beside him is a little clay incense burner I was given by Nurse Tickler back in our hay-day when she went to Europe to visit family. It comes from holland is a snail shell sitting inside a clam shell. Next to THAT is my candle from Doozy Candles in Chelsea QC. I bought it Bluesfest last year and when I burn it it smells like apples, its also refillable so when I burn all the wick, I can go up to Chelsea and get it refilled (hopefully with more apple scented wax). Behind it are two boxes of Nag Champa, one the blue one, is actually a knock off variety, Agarbatti, which doesn't use real Nag Champa spices to scent the incense by a combination of others that smell like chocolate chip cookies. I learned this when I was OKC at the occult store in the Paseo, when I found (and bought) the REAL Nag Champa from Shanthimalai, and as I learned the proceeds go to training widows in Tamil Nadu, south india, the traditional way of rolling incense sticks. I felt very proud when I bought it, like I was doing something to help the women of India (who suffer obscene abouts of atrocities committed by their families.) I find I actually prefer the real stuff of the Agarbatti variety, its a richer, headier scent and when I smell it, I think of DSG cause we burned it while we were together. I get all nostalgic when I smell it. The blue shelf itself was left behind by my sister Jessica when she moved to T.O. On it hand my leather belts on one hook, my blue pashmina scarf, by purple hippie scarf from Claire's and my white pashmina, (you can't see the black one cause I was washing it and my red one was stolen by my mother. She does that. She's almost as bad with scarves as I am.
Remember how I was telling you about you getting to see more butterflies?! Those are the pride and joy of my collection, three varieties of Papilio's (LOL latin for Butterflies, but the actual genus term for them as well). The top is my Papilio Ulysses Ulysses, my parents gave it to my for my 25th birthday (YAY!) beneath it is my Papilio Palinurus the first of many butterflies I have recieved (this one was from Shawn on my 24th birthday) and beneath it is my Papilio Charaxes Smaragdalis, my birthday present to myself on my 25th. You can't tell by the Palinurus is actually nearly entirely green with yellow eyespots, and the Charaxes is banded blue on both upper and lower wings with white speckles on the tops of the top wings. What you don't see is the Beatles poster, all four Beatles, in a narrow panels over-bossed with the word REVOLUTION. Bought that for ten bucks. Its a fucking steal.



MY DRUM!!!!!
The mirrow, the white shelf and the white cardboard are all stuff that is waiting to be moved to the basement, or used for an art project.
And my drum, in the very first surong I ever owned that I hand-sewn into a drum-bag with a terry cloth towel lining. -is smug- hand sewn people. ( I later reinforced it with a sewing machine)The wires are my network cable for the computer, and my power cord for my fishtank.



Lastly, my Mucha calendar, yes I know we're the tale end of May, and my calendar is of April, but thats when the picture was taken. Shut up. Normally I have my work schedule, events and dates written down on my calendar but being unemployed and unsocial, I got lax with it. As a result, I miscounted my period start date (nearly DIED thinking I was knocked up) what days I fed Kaa on (which is ALWAYS fun when you have to stick your hand in a tank with a snake who hasn't been fed in two weeks). So I can tell you I was on the fucking BALL when May started.

If could find the rest of the close up shots I took I'd show them too you too, but I have NO clue where they are. and For that I apologize. You're aren't missing much.

New additions to my room include a marble goblet for my alter, my yellow orchid, I have put my closet door back on (sans door knob as it was thrown out (why I don't know but it was)) and my bedroom door now has a doorknob complete with locking mechanism!! SUCCESS!! I now hang my chinese good luck charm on the said doorknob and I have a little metal sign from Ren (and then some) that sez 'The Witch Is In'. I fucking love it. Also, a new addition to my window is a champagne glass doubling as a vase for freshly (stolen) picked Lily of the Valley flowers. I'm getting more tonight. :D
My drum is now kept where my garbage bin is, the bin is beside my dresser and the door (so I will empty it as it fills) I have replaced my MONSTROUS monitor with a smaller one and a smaller chair opposed to the equally monstrous black leather one. I am debating switching them again as this one is hard and doesn't allow my to slouch, or rest my elbows on anything. Also. Its ugly and doesn't roll...hm... now I am debating the little chair vs. the large chair, more space vs. comfort.

I hope you liked my room. I know I do!!

No comments: