Monday, April 21, 2008

A Look Through

Well, I figured it's time to let you all in on a little secret of mine, I have a small obsession with my room, I love my room, it is my art studio, my sanctuary, my temple, the place where I sleep, play with my pets, talk on the phone. It is the beating heart of my life, so much is going on and I wanted to capture it one spring day when it was clean(ish) and I had the camera. I plan on doing this in chunks and each picture will have a little story attached.

Have fun.


Yve!

So here I am, standing outside my room, XD great thing about my room is, I don't have a doorknob, the original knob was taken off when my brother temporarily took over the room, and when he moved out, he took both knobs with him? Why,I dunno, so as it stands, I have no knob...ah so true on so many levels.

The Door

A 'asian' good luck charm for you room, suppose to be hanging on my doorknob, but now you know why I'm using a tack. :P

First look

When you first open my door, this is what you see, my bookshelf with most of my worldly possessions, my new computer table with gynormous monitor and my bed.
A couple things that stand out right away, the teddy bunny on the top shelf was my gift from DSG when we went out shooting. The silver silk organza lamp shade which was more then twice is selling price originally. I picked it up for a steal. The photo (yes its crooked in the frame) is an original by Steven Bishop, I believe from 2004. Its one of two prints -is smug-.

What you can't see is my scanner and pile of art waiting to be scanned, it was about two inches thick, behind the chair is my alter. That'll be coming up in the a couple more posts.

No comments: