Friday, February 1, 2008

Since

Ottawa is under an impending snow storm watch (as in we're all watching the skies waiting) I figured I'd give you guys something interesting to do today...

one check out
Neat-o-Rama
probably the most awesomest, geekiest blog ever invented. And I found before Ren did.

and

Blackle
When google is challenged, google doesn't back down. I recieved this in an email and I had to check it out!

If Google had a black screen, taking in account the huge number of page views, according to calculations, 750 mega watts/hour per year would be saved.

In response, Google created a black version of its search engine, called Blackle, with the exact same functions as the white version, but with lower energy consumption: spread the word-

Blackle

AWW yah bitches!!




-*-*-*-*-

Oh and the snow has started to fall. The storm itself stretches from Windsor to Quebec City, thats over 1,150 kilometers and is populated by about 57% of Canada's total population, as it goes through 3 of the countries 4 largest cities, and it will dump anywhere from 10 to 35 centimeters of snow on us today and tonight, thats roughgly 13 inches of snow. Or just to give you one last idea, a fucking foot of snow.

But its staying warm with light winds. Tomorrow we may even get sun!! Nice and blinding for the first weekend of winterlude eh??

Ahh its good to be back...

3 comments:

Yve! said...

thank you anonymous!! I'll definitely check them out.

Beth said...

Ah yes, I found out about "Blackle" at trivia night a few weeks ago. I'm surprised the word isn't spreading more... makes sense though.

The storm is fantastic! It's been snowing since this morning here, I hope you enjoy all the fluffy flakes. :D We got a snow day! In GUELPH! I mean that never happens, even if every other high school and university and BUSES shut down our university remains open. But not today! Even dairy queen closed!! O.o

Yve! said...

Its not fluffy flakes by the time it gets up here. Its hard pellety snow thats cold and stings, plus the wind is blowing it around on all the ice from the rain a couple days ago...

I want fluffy flakes!!